The department was established in accordance with the ordinance issued on 9/8/2005 concerning the establishment of a self-assessment and evaluation department at Karary University, Academy of Technology (currently University of Karary).
Follow the unit to the director of Karary University
The department was renewed by the order of the General Director on 1/6/2009.
And its subordination was adjusted in 2011 to follow up on planning and human resources management.
It is a process of assessing and evaluating the actual performance of institutions or individuals in relation to the desired objectives and outcomes that can be measured or is:
The total procedures and methods to detect the movement of an institution or a system with all its components, characteristics, activities and results in order to pass
judgment on it in accordance with its objectives or in accordance with international references and local standards.
It is a process that helps in deciding on the feasibility, effectiveness and effects of any activity or activity of an educational institution to determine its adoption or rejection.
Or being as:
A process that helps to describe the current state of the institution's specific business with a view to identifying areas that needs to be revised, modified or developed
It is an assessment which carried out by the educational institution based on the evaluation of the programs prepared by them, which adopt the standards and terms /conditions of their own, and the necessary tools and standards. The institution itself is the reference.
Functions of the self-assessment unit at the university level:
- Setting the foundations and criteria for the evaluation of all areas in all faculties, sections and units of the university educational, administrative and technical cooperation with the Higher Authority of Higher Education.
- Establishing and building a database and information on all the activities of the university.
- Linking the university with the evaluation and quality activities in the corresponding local, regional and international institutions.
- Coordination and follow-up of the performance of the committees of evaluation within the university and its commitment to established rules and standards.
- Review and evaluate the reports received from the departments and coordinate with them regarding the final report of the college administration and the self-assessment unit with appropriate recommendations.
- Follow up on the implementation of the recommendations and decisions issued by the College Administration and the self-assessment unit on self-evaluation and its results.
- Provide a mechanism and methods of continuous evaluation of performance in the Academy.
- To achieve the sense of understanding of knowledge of all participants in the activity to be evaluated by the content and nature of the activity and the method of subtraction.
- Achieving an understanding of the activities of the institution's members as a complete group of professors, students and administrators and the links between the programs and the different administrative units that sponsor these programs.
- To provide the appropriate environment, accurate information and objective opinions that help to develop and develop academic programs positively and enhance the quality and quality of education and to achieve the academic and professional level of the institution in accordance with the standards recognized academically.
- To assess and evaluate the achievements realized made in an activity and to provide all the information that provides an opportunity for organized development through the redistribution of human, financial and spatial resources.
- Prepare the required final reports and propose action plans that lead to the development of performance.
- Providing the necessary reports and data for future external evaluation purposes.
- Gain and build the confidence of the beneficiaries and users from scientific and educational institutions locally and abroad.
• To assure the community that there is a proper return to the efforts and funds in higher education.
• Ensuring that the student obtains the education, knowledge and experience that he seeks to achieve.
• Assure the server to possess the graduates of the knowledge and skill appropriate to the job required.
• Assisting the competent authority to recognize the scientific certificates and their equivalent to make the appropriate decisions.
• Raise the spirit of competition to pay attention to quality among institutions of higher education in Sudan.
• Give more fruits from the external assessment, so that those who carry out the evaluation process with all the details of the colleges and departments they deal with within the educational institution concerned (based on terms of objectivity and neutrality).
• Enable the educational institution concerned to develop and improve its performance, and to meet the needs of the community, and then get the financial support required.
• To assist in the development and development of scientific research by establishing qualitative, quantitative, qualitative and quantitative criteria, tools and indicators for evaluation with the aim of continuous improvement.
• Scientific planning of the activities and future directions of the educational institution.
• Provide comprehensive and adequate indicators of the organization's current performance.
. Optimize the available human and material resources.
. Contribute to the establishment of a unified framework for evaluation and quality assurance represented by the Supreme Commission for Evaluation and Accreditation in Higher Education.
• Encourage basic reviews of objectives, procedures, scientific processes and its educational outputs.
• Dissemination of the culture of evaluation in the departments and faculties of Karary University and the needs to assess and evaluate the performance in an integrated manner.
• Stimulating the departments and faculties of the university to carry out self-assessment processes in order to achieve quality in all components of the university system.
• Enable the university colleges and departments to apply the self-assessment in detailed participation of Colleges members in the process of external evaluation.
• Continuous improvement and improvement of academic and administrative performance in all Colleges and departments of Karary university in order to strengthen its competitive position locally, regionally and internationally.
• Achieving the accreditation that confers the university a certificate of recognition for possessing specific standards for the quality of educational processes
Karary University applies and adopts standardized standards in this regard. In particular, the University applies and adopts the quality standardized standards criteria used for the assessment and evaluation as well as accreditation of institutions of higher education in Sudan. To review the standards for the evaluation and accreditation of higher education institutions
Self-assessment mechanisms and tools
The mechanisms of the self-assessment department as a scientific-administrative body within the educational institution are as follows:
- Central department at the level of the institution and directly follow-up the director of the institution (self-assessment department).
- A sub-committee at the level of each college (the self-assessment committee of the college) and headed by the representative of the College in the central department.
- Sub-committee at the level of the department and headed by the representative of the department in the self-assessment committee at the college
1. Advance identification of university needs of data and information that achieved its purposes
2.Collet the necessary data required by university based on statistical models , taking into account the continuous development of these models in order to achieve the objectives for which they were prepared.
3. Review the data as soon as it is obtained to ensure its validity and safety in preparation for classification with the need of updating the latest data as well.
4. Analyze of the obtained data in order to achieve statistical indicators that will be used in making an appropriate decisions concerning the university's activity.
5. Notifies the concerns authorities with the data and information in accordance to the new timely issues.
6. Fulfilling the statistical data received from the Ministry of Defense, the Ministry of Higher Education and any other relevant bodies, as well as the fulfillment of the statistical data received from inside the university (the General director, his deputy, the researchers, the various departments and various colleges at the university.
7. Cooperating with the deanship of student affairs to prepare annual information on student data such as sports, cultural, hospitals, etc. according to the latest available data registered in this field.
8. The continuous readiness to provide the parties, both inside and outside the university, with the required data, whether an overall or detailed, based on the forms sent by these entities.
9. Coordinating the statistical and informational work between the university and the Ministry of Defense and Armed Forces and the competent authorities in the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.